As you have completed the eLearning component from an existing Blended course you will not be able to switch to Component 2 of a new Blended Online MHFA Course (delivery via video conferencing). Both courses exist as separate course pathways on our technology platform and we are unable to facilitate the integration of existing and new course components of different courses at this time. When sufficient COVID-19 restrictions are removed, you will be able to complete Component 2 of your course face-to-face in accordance with the course pathway originally purchased to become an accredited MHFAider.
Articles in this section
- What measures have been taken to look after the wellbeing of people whilst doing Blended Online courses?
- What is the difference between the standard mental health first aid course, blended workplace courses and the online versions you are now offering?
- What's the difference between the Blended Online MHFA Community Course and the Blended Online MHFA Workplace Course?
- I am trying to choose between the Blended Online MHFA Community Course and the Blended Online MHFA Workplace Course. Can someone please help me with this decision?
- How do I purchase a Blended Online course for my staff? What are the payment methods available?
- How do I find a session for the second component of a Blended Online course? (Instructor-led component)
- Will I be accredited as a MHFAider for 3 years after completing a blended online course?
- Will the MHFAider Refresher Course be available online?
- How do I purchase a voucher for the Blended Online courses?
- Can I use an existing eLearning voucher for a new blended online course?