If you are unable to attend Course Component 2 (Instructor-led component) of a Blended online course purchased prior to May 2020, you will need to contact the Instructor your booking was confirmed with to request a refund. If you are unable to complete Course Component 1 of a Blended online course (purchased prior to May 2020) and you were provided with an elearning voucher by an Instructor, you will need to contact the Instructor and request a refund. A refund for any Blended eLearning voucher (Course Component 1) purchased from Mental Health First Aid Australia may be accepted in some cases if you have not yet used the voucher to start the eLearning component of the course. Please contact email@example.com to request this.
Articles in this section
- What measures have been taken to look after the wellbeing of people whilst doing Blended Online courses?
- What is the difference between the standard mental health first aid course, blended workplace courses and the online versions you are now offering?
- What's the difference between the Blended Online MHFA Community Course and the Blended Online MHFA Workplace Course?
- I am trying to choose between the Blended Online MHFA Community Course and the Blended Online MHFA Workplace Course. Can someone please help me with this decision?
- How do I purchase a Blended Online course for my staff? What are the payment methods available?
- How do I find a session for the second component of a Blended Online course? (Instructor-led component)
- Will I be accredited as a MHFAider for 3 years after completing a blended online course?
- Will the MHFAider Refresher Course be available online?
- How do I purchase a voucher for the Blended Online courses?
- Can I use an existing eLearning voucher for a new blended online course?